- When was J. C. Penney Company, Inc. incorporated?
J. C. Penney Company, Inc. is a holding company whose principal operating subsidiary is J. C. Penney Corporation, Inc. (JCP). JCP was incorporated in Delaware in 1924, and J. C. Penney Company, Inc. was incorporated in Delaware in 2002, when the holding company structure was implemented. The new holding company assumed the name J. C. Penney Company, Inc. (Company).
- When did J. C. Penney Company, Inc. become a publicly listed company and where is the company’s stock traded?
J. C. Penney became a listed company in October, 1929. J. C. Penney's stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "JCP."
- Can I purchase stock in J.C. Penney Company, Inc.'s stock symbol directly from the Company?
No, J. C. Penney does not offer a direct stock purchase plan.
- Where is the corporate office of J. C. Penney Company, Inc. located?
The company's headquarters are located in Plano, Texas.
- When is J. C. Penney Company, Inc.'s fiscal year end?
The company's fiscal year ends on the Saturday closest to January 31. Fiscal year 2018 will end on February 2, 2019. Fiscal year 2017 ended on February 3, 2018 and consisted of 53 weeks.
- Who is J. C. Penney Company, Inc.'s transfer agent?
Computershare Investor Services
P.O. Box 505000
Louisville, KY 40233-5000
T: (800) 842-9470
- Who is J. C. Penney Company, Inc.'s independent auditor?
- How can I obtain copies of financial statements such as the 10-K and 10-Q?
- You can find access to J. C. Penney's financial reports on this website. See ir.jcpenney.com/sec-filings.
- What is JCPenney’s mission statement?
To help our customer find what she loves for less time, money and effort.
- Does J. C. Penney report monthly retail sales?
No. Sales data is currently provided on a quarterly basis via press releases and conference calls.
- As a registered shareholder, who should I contact to report an address change, report a lost stock certificate or to inquire about records of my stock trading activity?
J. C. Penney's transfer agent is Computershare Inc. Registered shareholders may contact them by mail at P. O. Box 505000, Louisville, KY 40233-5000 or 462 South 4th Street Suite 1600, Louisville, KY 40202 (for overnight correspondence) or by phone at (800) 842-9470 or through their website at www.computershare.com/investor . Please contact your stockbroker if your shares are held in a brokerage account.
- Do you have other questions for Investor Relations that hasn’t been answered here?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Investor Relations department at (972) 431-5500. For other corporate questions, including Customer Service inquiries, please call toll free 1-800-322-1189.